Goodwin Family Funeral Home has been providing quality funeral services to Knox County and surrounding areas for over 60 years. Ross & Mavorette Flummerfelt founded Flummerfelt Funeral Home in 1944. Jerry Goodwin worked there before going to study at Indianapolis Mortuary School. After serving his apprenticeship in Northern Indiana, Jerry Goodwin returned to Vincennes and became a partner at Flummerfelt in 1968.
In 1975, Jerry and Carolyn Goodwin purchased the funeral home from the Flummerfelts. And in the 1980s, their sons David and Tim both graduated from the Vincennes University Mortuary Program and began working at the funeral home. In 2000, Chris Sievers, a Vincennes native; graduate of Vincennes University Mortuary Program, joined Goodwin Funeral Home. In 2004, David and Tim acquired the funeral home from their parents, and Chris Sievers became a partner in the business. In 2011 the three partners acquired Gardner-Brockman Funeral Home.
We are proud of our heritage and continue to move forward in offering our families the very finest in services and facilities.