The history of Goodwin Funeral Home dates back to 1944 when Ross & Mavorette Flummerfelt established the Flummerfelt Funeral home in the residence known as the Rabb Home. Mr. Flummerfelt worked for another funeral home in Vincennes prior to establishing his own funeral home. In the 1950's Jerry Goodwin of Fritchton began working at the funeral home. He went on to the Indianapolis Morturay School where he graduated in 1955. After serving his apprenticeship in Northern Indiana he returned to Vincennes in the late 1950's and began his career in Vincennes with Mr. Flummerfelt. Jerry became a partner in 1968 when the name was changed to Flummerfelt-Goodwin Funeral Home. In 1975 Jerry and Carolyn Goodwin purchased the funeral home from the Flummerfelts. In 1985 Jerry's son David, graduated from the Vincennes University Mortuary Program and began working at the funeral home. In 1989 Jerry's other son Tim , graduated from the Vincennes University Mortuary School and began working at the funeral home. In 2000, Vincennes native Chris Sievers returned to Vincennes to join Goodwin Funeral Home. Chris is a 1990 graduate of the Vincennes University Mortuary Program. In 2004 David and Tim purchased the funeral home from Jerry and Carolyn Goodwin. In 2004 Chris Sievers became a partner in the business with Tim and David Goodwin. Today, while all of us at Goodwin Family Funeral Home are proud of our heritage, we continue to move forward in offering our families the very finest in services and facilities.